Friday, March 07, 2014

EVENT | Muscadet Magic at iYellow Wine Club - discovered a new favourite French white!

Ever since our wine class last December (read review here), we've become big fans of what Toronto's iYellow Wine Club does - create a wine experience like no other for wine-lovers.  This time around, we were invited back for their 'Muscadet & More' event, to discover France's hidden gems.  I mean, who can say no to that?


Like last time, we arrived at the cozy Wine Cave and was surprised at how different the place looked than our last visit.  They set up a huge communal table (no chairs so everyone can mingle) in the middle with an oyster shucking station by the main counter.  


Winemaker Pierre-Jean Sauvion took us through the tasting of the various muscadet wines from his winery, and I must say - I fell in love with them.  From those, I enjoyed the crisp & fruity notes from  Sauvion Muscadet Carte D'or and I did quite like the the vintage from 95: Chateau du Cleray Muscadet.

Oh, and another thing we were taught that night?
"A good bottle of wine, is an empty bottle of wine" - Pierre-Jean Sauvion.



And of course, we can't forget about the beautiful cheese boards to accompany our wine:


Oysters were a hit that night as well. I was so impressed by the oysters being shucked one-at-a-time but so quickly! I did want to have a LOT more than I did, but I didn't want to create too much work for her!

On a side note, there were a lot of people that night at the wine cave.  At one point, it got super crowded and not everyone had a spot on the table. I did prefer the wine class where we had our seats and the tasting was a bit more organized. 


Another wonderful night indulging in and discovering new wine at the iYellow Wine Cave is definitely a Friday night, well spent. I love that we always learn something new in the world of wine at iYellow's classes & events and get to take home some new wine knowledge.  I'm taking away a new French white favourite with this tasting experience ;)

These tastings would be a great idea for date or bonding experience with a group of friends.

Interested in participating at their next wine class or event?  Click here.

 -This was a complimentary event but, opinions are our own -

3 comments:

  1. This is very much great and hope fully nice blog. Every body can easily found her need able information. I am visit first time but I fond many use full article. I will back again when get time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good article..Nice piece of information.. The service will be highly beneficial for all the people.
    Restaurant bars in singapore
    http://www.boulevard.sg/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of those cheeses look great, but others look like rocks. Another one looked like a piece of bread.
    Best chinese food in Singapore
    http://www.kezhan.sg/

    ReplyDelete