Tuesday, January 21, 2014

REVIEW | Over Easy - loved the famous potato hash, but not so much the slow service

I walked by Over Easy Restaurant, a popular brunch spot in the U of T neighbourhood, many times in the past but never had a chance to eat there.  Finally, I headed over there for brunch recently.  


The location is great - right across the street from the ROM, University of Toronto and other shops & boutiques in Yorkville.  I was surprised at how many guests the restaurant could seat because it looked pretty small from the outside.  We were seated at the front by the windows, a bright and comfortable area.

However, since we were a bit "separated" from the rest of the dining area, it was hard to get the server's attention after we were seated.  We had around 10-15 minutes of just looking at the menu before we were asked if we wanted something to drink.


My friend got the English Breakfast ($10.99) with 2 eggs any style, sausage, sautéed mushrooms, grilled tomato, home fries, & toasted malt bread.  This is definitely a big breakfast with your protein, carbs and a bit of veggies.  Perfect when you're feeling extra hungry!


I got the Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict ($13.99), which is pretty much my brunch order anywhere I go.  It is served with home fries (pictured above), fries, salad or soup but I went with their famous home fries.  The smoked salmon was a bit too salty for my liking but the Hollandaise sauce and egg was good.  I also really enjoyed their home fries - very tasty!

Overall, I probably wouldn't go head here unless I was in the area.  Their portions are very generous and food is pretty good but they just lacked attentiveness from the servers.  I know Brunch is a busy seating time, but they could always have more servers during peak hours.  Maybe I'll just have to try something else on the menu next time!




Over Easy Breakfast on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment