Saturday, September 28, 2013

REVIEW | Abbey's Bake House - a must try spot in Muskoka, Port Carling area

A co-worker of mine picked up a few popular treats from Abbey's Bake House for me to try, while she was at her cottage in Port Carling (Muskoka).  When I finally got my hands on these delicious goodies, I couldn't wait to share some of their most popular and high-demand treats!

They offer sweets as well as savoury, which is awesome as I often need to have both!

CLICK HERE for their menu.


Being the bacon-lover that I am, of course I had to get the Bacon Focaccia. It was much bigger than I expected with visible strips of bacon on the loaf.  I made a sandwich on this bread and it was super tasty.  The fluffiness of the focaccia (because it's very fresh) and the hint of bacon just makes any sandwich that much better!


They have two types of Butter Tarts.  The regular one and another with bacon! How amazing is that? These butter tarts are one of the biggest I have ever come across but they're not heavy or overly sweet.  They're soft, moist, and just delicious.


The above is their popular Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies.  "Stuffed" with a brownie piece, this will be a taste of heaven to any chocolate lover out there. 


I couldn't resist getting a pie as well.  My co-worker was raving about how delicious they are and after trying this Peach & Raspberry Pie, I have to agree with her.  There's a generous amount of peach and raspberries inside a perfect crusted pie.  The crust was crispy on the outside with soft and moist inner layers.  This has to be my favourite from all the treats I got!

CLICK HERE for the complete offerings at Abbey's Bake House



No comments:

Post a Comment