Thursday, May 29, 2014

REVIEW | The Tea Room at Windsor Arms Hotel - wide range of teas, delicious sandwiches & the best scones!

It' been a while since I indulged in an afternoon tea, so when my friend suggested going to the Tea Room at the Windsor Arms, I was on board.  I have heard great things about their tea services but also read some not-go-great reviews, so I was excited to try it first hand myself.


 Our tea time was at 3:30pm and we were seated after a few minutes of arrival in a smaller dining area that connects the main tea room and the living room (Windsor Arm's main restaurant). It looked like a busy afternoon as all the tables were full!  My only complaint is that 4 tables of 2 were arranged way too close together.  I was sitting closer to another lady beside me than to my friend across from me. 

Our server was very friendly and made us feel comfortable immediately.  She explained the menu and the different components of our tea knowledgeably, which I appreciated!

For tea, I ordered the Fu Man Chu (jasmine & pu-erh tea) and my friend ordered Eve's Temptation (fruity tea with apple & mango).

Black Currant Scones & Butter Scones - one of the best scones I've ever had!

Devon Cream, Strawberry Preserve and Raspberry Jam to accompany our scones


 The dainty sandwiches were probably my favourite part of the tea. 
Each bite was packed with complimenting flavours:
Smoked Salmon & Wasabi Sour Cream with Salmon Caviar
Cucumber & Sun-dried Tomato Paste & Dill Cream Cheese
Grilled Chicken, Granny Smith Apple Citrus Mayo, Greek Yogurt & Chives
Goat Cheese & Caramelized Shallot Tart (not pictured)

No tea is complete without delightful Petits Fours. I did find them to be very, very sweet, even with my sweet tooth, so I only had a small bite of each. Perhapy because of the amount of sugar, they don't serve 2 of each petits fours?
Red Velvet Cupcake
Lemon Tart with Raspberry
Double Chocolate Brownie
Chocolate Ganache Truffle


The overall high tea experience at the Windsor Arms for me was good - with rooms of improvement. They have a wide selection of teas, one of the best scones I've had (from all the other teas I've been to at least), and good service.  I just wish that the sitting area had a bit more privacy or at least enough space between different parties.  The price is also on the higher side so this is definitely a special occasion treat!


Windsor Arms Tea Room on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Windsor Arms Hotel30 May 2014 at 15:52

    Clara & Monica,


    Thank you for including our afternoon tea in your blog post.

    Have a great day!

    Christine Korda
    Director Communications & Special Events
    Windsor Arms Hotel
    18 St. Thomas Street
    Toronto, On M5S 3E7
    416-934-6022 (Direct)
    ckorda@windsorarmshotel.com
    www.windsorarmshotel.com

    ReplyDelete