Saturday, July 11, 2015

REVIEW | The Drake Hotel

Happy weekend! I hope everyone is enjoying the amazing weather in Toronto - it's about time, right? With weekends, always comes brunch dates with your S.O., friends, family, or a blind date (maybe?) and even thought I haven't been to this  spot in a while, I decide to write about it now since I just had a craving for their delicious chicken & waffle. I'm talking about The Drake Hotel.


I'm sure many of you have been there for a staycation in the city, dinner, drinks, and my favourite, dancing but I would say enjoying a cup of coffee and a delicious brunch by their large, open windows would my kind of day at the Drake.

I personally love to spend weekends getting that extra few hours of sleep in the mornings but if there's one thing that will get me up is a good brunch. I will never say no to brunch, especially if it's discovering a new spot in the city. However, I wouldn't mind going back to the Drake for this lovely spread I had a few months ago.

Check out the spread that I enjoyed below:
Warm Scone Plate ($10.00)
with blueberry scones, whipped butter, cream and house-made preserves

Chicken & Waffle ($14.00)
Fried chicken thighs, savoury waffle, Niagara cherry jam, triple thick crème fraîche & maple syrup

Cobb Salad ($15.00)
House-smoked chicken, Perth bacon, Ermite blue cheese, Ontario cherry tomatoes, hard cooked egg, avocado & buttermilk dressing

Make sure you take a stroll on Queen West before or after your brunch if you have the time - it's a great street to window shop or to discover gems.

What are some of your favourite dishes to get at the Drake? Do you have any recommendations for me for my next visit? Let me know!

The Drake Hotel on Urbanspoon