Wednesday, July 08, 2015

EVENT | Nota Bene Happy Hour

For all you fellow foodies that work downtown, you may or may not see me enjoying a glass of Cava and munching on some delicious bar snacks after work hours at Nota Bene Restaurant for the next month or so.  Why? Because they have 10 new menu items offer at $4 each, between 4PM and 7PM everyday.  I mean, if you go with a friend and order everything, it's $20 per person - how awesome is that? Cheers!

 


 I must admit, I haven't never been to Nota Bene. I have noticed it long, long time ago and almost tried it out for Summerlicious last year, but the lunch plans fell through so I never got the chance. However, leave it to a deal like $4 menu items and a long day of work to get me there. I am really glad I went to try this place out because...

1. Great ambiance - not pin-drop quiet and not super loud so you can really enjoy the company your'e with over drinks and food. It's a simple ask, but sometimes it's hard to find...
2. Great staff & service - friendly host, attentive staff and bartenders that make delicious mock/cocktails!
3. The price of their new 4 To 7 Menu: $4 for bar snacks from 4PM - 7PM and $7 from 7PM. Order all ten items for $40 to share among friends. It's a great deal.

Check out all the dishes from the 4 To 7 menu that we tried: 
Truffle Popcorn with Parmigiano

Salt Cod Fritters with kimchi mayo

 Burrata Pugliese with grilled miche & olive oil

 Calabrese Olives & Cheese 


Calamari A La Plancha with XO sauce & coriander

 Shoshito Peppers with lemon & Maldon salt

Porcini Arancini with truffle aioli & Parmigiano

 Cumbrae Farms Beef Sliders with havarti cheese & maple bacon

 Belly Buster Slider with pork belly, frites, ketchup & pickle

The standouts from the menu for me were Truffle Popcorn, Burrata Pugliese and the Belly Buster Sliders.  I shared 9 dishes with one other friend along with a couple of drinks each and we left with full bellies.  I recommend that if you want to try everything, go with at least 2 friends.

I didn't get to try the Buttermilk-Fried Chicken so if you do, leave a comment below and let us know your thoughts. I'll be going back to try that! 



Click to add a blog post for Nota Bene on Zomato

Our meal was complimentary but opinions are our own -

No comments:

Post a Comment