Monday, July 06, 2015

RECIPE | Curry & Yogurt Chicken with Roasted Vegetables

I'll be honest, I don't cook a lot. Clara's more of the home cook/baker, while I tend to eat out at restaurants more often then not.  However, I do try to prepare lunch to take to work everyday, which is almost always a salad with my protein of choice: chicken. It does get boring though.

I was looking through some chicken recipes to try (easy and quick is a must for me) this weekend on Ricardo Cuisine called the "30-minute chicken & vegetable curry" and decided to give it a try - of course, with my own spin on it. I call it, Curry & Yugurt Chicken with Roasted Vegetables!


I love red meat (drooling at the thought of a good steak right now), seafood, etc., you name it, but when it comes to the kitchen, my protein of choice to cook is chicken because of its versatility and ease to cook with.  There are pages and pages of recipes using Chicken on Ricardo Cuisine and what I love about it, is the categorization by recency, popularity, speed (my go-to since it provides quick recipes) and alphabetical. 

Anyway, let's get to the point - my chicken dish! 

Serving Size: 2
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes

The best part about this recipe is that it's aromatic (hello, curry?), quick to prepare & cook and so affordable. It also photographs very well because of all the vibrant colours of the vegetables, for those of you, like myself, that like to instagram & snap chat.

By the way, if you're not following me on those, do it now!
Instagram @foodsisterhood
Snapchat @foodsisterhood

Ingredients:
Ingredients Cost: $14.60 (yogurt/olive oil/salt & pepper didn't account full price for container)

2 - 3 Skinless, boneless chicken breast, sliced into strips or cubes (however you like!)
1/2 Zucchini, sliced & halved
1/2 Onion, chopped big
1/2 ea. Bell pepper (red & yellow), chopped big
Cauliflower
1/2 Lemon, to squeeze
1 clove Garlic, finely minced
1 tbsp. Greek yogurt
2 tbsp. Olive oil
2 tsp. Curry powder
Salt & pepper

Direction: 

The night before: Curry & Greek Yogurt Marinade for the Chicken

1. In a bowl, combine olive oil, greek yogurt, curry powder & garlic



2. Squeeze in the lemon and add salt & pepper to taste
Note: In my photo above I added the chicken first but add chicken last, after you taste the marinade! 


3. Add the raw chicken & rub the marinade all over it
4. Place into a sealed container & leave in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.

The day of: Preparing the meal 

1. First thing's first. Preheat the oven to 350 C. 

2. In a small bowl, make curry oil: combine olive oil, curry powder, salt & pepper
Note: This is for the vegetables, it's not the same marinade you used for the chicken. 




3. In another bowl, combine all the vegetables, drizzle the curry oil from #2 & toss.

4. Place the marinaded chicken onto a baking pan along with the vegetables




5. Place the baking pan into the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.


The finished product, out of the oven:





Following the original recipe for 30-minute chicken and vegetable curry was really easy with simple and straight-forward instructions but even more fun to put my own twist to it to call it my own.

Please let us know what you think of this dish and I encourage you to put your own twist on the recipe and share it with us!




No comments:

Post a Comment