Monday, June 02, 2014

REVIEW | The Shore Grill & Grotto has a wide range of menu options, delicious food & a great patio!

Patio season is here in Toronto - and it's about time! The sunny afternoon this weekend led me to one of my favourite neighbours in Toronto - Port Credit for dinner and a stroll by the marina.  All the restaurants were bustling with hungry diners or people enjoying a drink or two, soaking in the sunshine.  I made reservations, so it wasn't too long until we got a seat at the Shore Grill & Grotto.


The Crispy Calamari ($10.71) is dusted with cornmeal for a nice crunch - it was pretty good. Calamari is one of those appetizers that I tend to always get whereever I go.

Coconut Shrimp ($12.71) - black tiger shrimps covered with coconut, fried and served with sweet chili marmalade. The shrimps were large and there was a lot of coconut flavour to it.  I've had this at other restaurants and didn't taste coconut at all so that was great!

Spaghettini with Blackened Sea Scallops ($18.71) - blackened sea scallops, red onions, red & green peppers, baby spinach in a roasted red pepper cream sauce. The sauce wasn't too creamy and the vegetables were cooked well.  The scallops were a good size too but some parts were very salty.

Atlantic Salmon ($19.71) in a tequila lime butter sauce served with vegetables and potatoes. Fish was cooked right and so were the roasted vegetables. The potato was delish! I'm such a sucker for Greek-style oven roasted potatoes.

When I go to Port Credit, I tend to always go to Snug Harbour but I'm glad I tried the Shore Grill & Grotto this time. The menu offers something for everyone: a long list of appetizers, pizza, pasta, saefood, steak, and even fajitas. With their friendly service and a great patio, you'll have to give this spot a try when you're in the neighbourhood next!


Shore Grill and Grotto on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment