Wednesday, June 25, 2014

REVIEW | Grazie Ristorante - one of Monica's all time favourite Italian restaurants

If there is one type of cuisine that I have to eat for the rest of my life, I'd choose Italian. Don't get me wrong, I love all types of food, but if it comes down to one, I can eat endless amounts of delicious pasta, stone-baked pizza, or a chicken Parmesan all day, every day.  That being said, one spot in Toronto that I've loved over the years is Grazie on Yonge & Eglinton. Every time I go, I leave satisfied and happy with the service and the food.


The Grazie on Yonge & Eglinton is a rustic and inviting space with that Italian villa atmosphere. The servers are knowledgeable & friendly and always make great recommendations if you have trouble choosing from their large menu.  One thing to note is that it is discouraged to make any substitutions on menu items as they're carefully planned to make each ingredient stand out.

Their pasta section on the menu is divided into four by the sauces:
 Sugo di Pomodero (tomato sauce);
Alla Panna (cream sauce);
Sudo di Pomodero Cremosa (tomato cream sauce);
Pasta con Aglio e Olio (extra virgin olive oil & garlic).

I go there quite often, so the below images are from multiple visits
(I don't take a picture everytime I go sadly because I'm too busy eating my heart out).


Basta ($14.75) - spinach linguini with shrimps green onion & parsley in cream sauce

Catrina ($15.00) - spinach linguini with grilled chicken, pancetta, diced onions & black peppercorn

 
Capri ($15.50) - linguini with shrimps, clams & diced tomatoes

Brunello ($14.50) - spaghetti with grilled sausage, broccoli, diced tomatoes & mushrooms 

Avellino ($14.25) - fettuccine with prosciutto, spinach & porcini mushroom butter 

Grazie tends to be really busy all the time including lunch and dinner on weekdays, not to mention weekends.  They don't take reservations for dinner - it's a first come first serve basis so if you're planning to go for dinner, expect to wait a little bit. Don't worry though, the food will be worth it! 


Grazie Ristorante on Urbanspoon

2 comments: