Wednesday, November 14, 2012

South St. Burger Co. - another great lunch spot on Yonge & Eg.

I love a good burger so when I saw South St. Burger Co. just around the corner from my work, I had to try it for lunch.  It's directly on Yonge st, a block North from Eglinton Ave., which makes this a very accessible place.  I noticed a NYF (New York Fries) logo on the side, they must be the same chain. 


Going into the restaurant, it's welcoming, clean with a LOT of comfortable and chic looking seatings.  I especially love circular "nooks" to sit in - of course when you're with more than just yourself :)



The menu offers 5 different types of burgers: Plain, Cheeseburger, Cheese'n Bacon Burger, Grilled Chicken and Veggie.  I opted for the Cheese'n Bacon Burger (obviously) combo, which omes with new york fries and a fountain drink.

Taken from the website

Next, as you move down the line from the cashier, you oversee the grill and all the heavenly toppings.  There are SO many different toppings, I couldn't decide quickly!  I ended up with tomatoes, lettuce, pickles, hot peppers with wasabi mayo and pepperjack cheese.

Other interesting toppings were: wasabi or curry mayo, hot pepper relish, spicy keychup, guacamole, mango chutney, gorgonzola cheese and an option to add pulled pork!


I know I had a LOT of toppings in there but the combination was amazing! The meat patty is tender, spiced well and of the perfect thickness and the burger buns were soft and eat to bite into even with all the toppings.  Just writing this post, I want to go again!

If you're in Yonge & Eglinton, make sure you stop by for a bite of South St. Burger!


South St. Burger Co. on Urbanspoon
South St. Burger Co. on Foodio54

2 comments:

  1. MY order would be cheese and bacon whit onion rings and a milkshake !! Whit the toppings would be great =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be a great order! Be sure to try!

      Delete