Wednesday, July 03, 2013

EVENT | T.O Food Fest Part 1: What a great way to try new foods!

It's not everyday that I can say I've tried 18 culinary treats within 2 hours and in a space smaller than football field. Luckily for my friends and I, T.O Food Fest  made it happen! It's an annual culinary event that just successfully completed their second year.


It was held at the Chinese Cultural Community Centre on Sheppard from 1:00 - 6:00pm. There were vendors in the gym as well as vendors set up outside in the lot. It was an EXTREMELY hot day so it was definitely well planned out to have most of the desserts inside. The gym definitely made for a quick cooling station once the heat outside became too overwhelming!

Making one post about 18 different foods would not do the individual vendors justice so we've created a T.O Food Fest blog series which will consist of a few vendors per post.

Outside the gym with lots of vendors

Hawaiian barbecue

Skewers fresh off the grill - so sad I didn't try it this year :(

Inside the gym with more vendors and lots of people ready to eat!

Another vendor to add on my food list next year!

Buster's Sea Cove with lobster rolls and fish tacos - I'll be back for you! 

Unfortunately my stomach wasn't large enough to try everything that day but there were so many vendors (like some of the ones I mentioned above) that were serving amazing food, hopefully I'll get to try them out next year! It's a great way to learn about new vendors that you may not have heard of otherwise!

Stay tuned for the next post on finger foods!

No comments:

Post a Comment