Thursday, December 10, 2015

RECIPES | Lobster Stuffed Cannelloni with Classico Four Cheese Sauce

When I cook, I usually turn to pasta. It's not just because it's easy to prepare, but the recipe tend to have simple ingredients and never fail to impress the person eating it (I'm also not the best cook out there). My friends and I decided to cook Italian one night and decided to use one of my Classico sauces that I had - Classico di Parma Four Cheese to make a lobster-stuffed cannelloni.


Since my university days, living alone, I often turned to pre-made pasta sauces by Classico. I loved that Classico offered a variety of not just tomato sauces but also cream sauces and pesto's to really change up any typical pasta dishes one can cook with. Of course, I would add different meats, veggies and herbs to elevate it.  Their Vodka Sauce used to be one of my go-to's!


For this Lobster-Stuffed Cannelloni recipe, here's the list of ingredients you will need:

- 1 Jar of Classico sauce of your choice
- 2, medium sized lobsters
- Ready-to-bake cannelloni shells
- Ricotta cheese
- Mozarella cheese, shredded
- Baby spinach
- Mushrooms, sliced
- Onions, chopped
- Garlic, chopped
- chives, chopped
- 1 tbsp. white wine

Directions: 

1. Bring a large pot of water to boil, drop in the lobsters, head first. Cook on high heat for 15 minutes.


2. In a skillet, drizzle olive oil on medium heat and add: garlic, onions, mushrooms and chives (in that order, every 2 minutes).


3. Then, add the spinach and continue to sautee.


4. Have the lobster chopped to small pieces after it is cooked. Add 1/3 of the Classico sauce into the skillet, followed by the lobster. Cook for another 3 -5 minutes.


5. Remove the skillet from the heat and put it in a large bowl to mix with ricotta and mozzarella cheese.


6. Stuff each shell generously with the lobster mix.


7. Cover the baking dish with the rest of the Classico sauce and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Cover and bake at 180°C (350°F) for 45-50 minutes.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment