Tuesday, December 01, 2015

LAUNCH | \MoRoCo Chocolat

One of Toronto's ritzy neighbourhoods, Yorkville wouldn't be the same without its popular luxury chocolat boutique, MoRoCo Chocolat.  Tucked away on Yorkville Ave., this whimsical spot not only offers amazing chocolate, but also has brunch, afternoon tea, dinner, and did I mention cocktails? 

I've been to MoRoCo on several occasions this year, whether to pick up some macarons or meet up with a friend for brunch, since my last post on MoRoCo. This post in particular features their new cocktail and dinner menu items for the season that I was invited to preview two weeks ago.




Most of my visits to MoRoCo is to pick up sweets and have brunch but now it looks like I may have to come here at night for their delicious cocktails:

The Mad Man: Bourbon, bitters, cranberries, orange zest
XO Delight: Patron XO cafe, frangelico, baileys, grand marnier, espresso, whipped cream
Strawberry Rhubarb Seduction: presecco, aperol, strawverry, rhubarb, bitters
MoRoCo Caesar: Vodka, clamato, signature mix, tabasco
Frozen MoRoCo Mint Chocolate Martini: vodka, creme de menthe, creme de cocoa, sipping chocolate

 
 

Here comes the food:


S'mores Pancakes

Potato Latkes

Zucchini Spaghetti

 Pulled Pork Tacos

 
Truffle Mac & Cheese

 Tuna Tartare

 Truffled Potato & Ricotta Gnudi

"McQueen" Cake



S'mores Station
Can't leave MoRoCo without trying this!

Milk Chocolate Fondue
Perfect for a romantic date

The Truffle Mac & Cheese and the Smoked Salmon Potato Latke will take me back to MoRoCo for brunch.  I also really liked the Tuna Tartare, thought it was interesting that it was served on a bed of chopped avocado! I've also never had a Gnudi before and it was pretty delicious - it reminded me of a cream cheese popper but of course, that truffle just made it that much better.

And, of course, how can I forget about their S'mores? When I go camping, I bring just enough as I don't like to have too much it, but roasting right at your table after dinner seems like such a great date idea for all you lovebirds out there (you're welcome in advance for that tip).





Our meal was complimentary but opinions are our own -

No comments:

Post a Comment