Tuesday, January 26, 2016

REVIEW | Sunday Brunch & Cocktails at FIGO

Lazy Sundays are one of my favourite things but if there's something I would get up & try to look decent for, it's brunch. Especially if the restaurant is as stylishly elegant as FIGO is.  This pretty spot is located in the heart of Toronto's entertainment district, so if you live in the area, I'm quite jealous!







Chef Anna Chen serves up Italian spired dishes for brunch, lunch and dinner. Think pastas made from scratch, wood oven pizzas and house-made ricotta!  On my visit, I had a mix of items from lunch, brunch and dessert menus and I did fall in love with some: Zucchini Fritti, Burrata & Pancakes!

The Zucchini Fritti reminded me of both Japanese vegetable tempuras and those veggie chips. It was super light, tasty and addictive. The Burrata - what can I say about that? The sweet notes from melon and huckleberry was memorable. As for the pancakes? I must admit, I'm not a huge fan of pancakes but these super fluffy pancakes with hints of lemon made me surprise myself by craving them the next day.

Check out my meal at FIGO below:

Zucchini Fritti
Lemon crema fresca & honey

Burrata
Melon, huckleberry & crispy bread

 Mushroom Pizza
Caramelized onion, cacciocavalo, potato, watercress & truffle


Chicken Puccia
Pancetta, preserved tomato, slaw & mustard aioli

Egg Benedict
Pepperonata, tomato focaccia, hollandaise & smashed potato

 Pancakes
Served with maple syrup & mascarpone

Panna Cotta
With vanilla, elderflower jelly & blueberries


Tiramisu
Chocolate, coffee & mascarpone

You might be thinking, why did I not comment on the egg benedict as it is actually my go-to breakfast/brunch menu item. Although the egg was perfect and the side of potatoes was delicious, I prefer my bennies on english muffins. I found this one was a little heavy on the focaccia with pepperonata - perhaps because I've stuffed myself a little too much burrata & zucchini prior to this dish!

All in all, I enjoyed my brunch experience at FIGO. Not only does the place photograph nicely (for all you instagram addicts like me), the food is great. It's definitely on my list to visit again, perhaps for the chef's pasta and some cocktails!



FIGO Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Our meal was complimentary but opinions are our own -

No comments:

Post a Comment