Friday, May 29, 2015

LAUNCH | Buonanotte Supper Club

We were treated to a special tasting of a Summer Menu at Ristorante Buonanotte in the heart of Toronto's entertainment district.  It is actually located in a quiet street off John St, and Wellington St., which is why I've never heard or seen it, even though I wok 5 minutes away.  I didn't really know what to expect for dinner as I did some research beforehand and there were a lot of disappointing reviews about this place.  But, I went with an open mind as it would be my first time dining there!


Carpaccio du pesce spada


From the outside, you wouldn't think this is a typical restaurant, it has a grand entrance but the street itself is quiet, just South of King Street, so it is kind of hidden away.  This location in Toronto was modeled after the original location in Montreal, as a chic supper club offering Italian food. With live DJ's and a high-energy vibe on the weekend, it would make to be a fun spot to go with friends or on the quieter weeknights, a cozy dinner.

It's definitely spacious inside with nice lighting, comfortable seating and a welcoming atmosphere overall. The servers were attentive throughout the night as well.


Radicchio alla griglia


Capesante al tartufo

 Polipo grigliato

All the appetizers were seafood, except for the raddichio dish. To be honest, I loved the seared scallops but all the other dishes were too fishy for me. The raddichio was bitter and I wish it had more seasoning, although the parmesan was a nice touch.

Now, onto the main entrees - these were all pretty tasty with a few that were better than the rest! My favourites of the night?  Keep reading to find out!

 Scarola e pomodorini
Fresh basil, escarole, black olives, sun-dried tomatoes, Fior di Latte and Evoo D.O.P.

 'Nduja rapini
Fresh basil, Nduja Salami, oven roasted rapini, Fior di Latte & Evoo D.O.P.

 Prosciutto e funghi bianca
Fresh basil, buffalo ricotta, ham, mushrooms, parmigiano reggiano & Evoo D.O.P.

Ravioli di aragosta e granchio
Homemade Ravioli with lobster, crab & lemon in lobster bisque

Fazzoletti all'uovo di pesto genovese
Pesto, fresh pine nuts & baby basil

Polle Toscano
Roasted Chicken Breast with grilled panzanella & marinated pistachios

Vitello alla siciliana
Veal tenderloin with sautéed mushrooms, spinach & Marsala sauce

Salmone arrosto con spugnole
Roasted Salmon with morels, fennels & white wine butter sauce

By the time I was done eating, I was pretty sure I gained about 5 lbs - all good though :)
The dish that I enjoyed the most was the Roasted Chicken, which was all that a roasted chicken should be: juicy, moist and bursting of flavour - it did just that for me.  The Lobster Ravioli was the better of the two pasta dishes and the Prosiutto e funghi bianca pizza enticed my tastebuds the most from the 3 pizzas I tried.  Oh, the salmon was pretty delicious as well!

If you're looking for a nice restaurant with Italian food in the area, give it a try!


Buonanotte on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment