Thursday, May 23, 2013

REVIEW | Thobors Boulangerie Patisserie Café - dainty little spot in Midtown

Last year, my co-worker Lindsay (check out her blog) took me to this lovely cafe on Mt. Pleasant, where I had such a delectable lunch. I forgot about this place until last week, where I was in the area meeting a friend and decided to revisit this French bakery: Thobors Boulangerie Patisserie Café!


Tucked away in the Davisville area, this little cafe always had steady traffic, full of people coming for brunch, lunch, light supper or picking up some delectable treats.





 

TREATS GALORE!


Their display of French Desserts will make your mouth water!  Not only desserts, but they offer freshly made salads, sandwiches and quiches everyday.  I was pretty hungry, so I ordered the 'Le Thobor' sandwich on their signature seseme baguette.  Their bagettes are freshly baked everyday!


'Le Thobor' sandwich has mayo, tuna, black olives, romaine lettuce, cucumber and boiled egg. It's light and delicious and is a perfect portion.  The ingredients on the soft bagette is a delicious combination!



I've been craving French Macarons, so I had to get my fix asap.  Got two of Raspberry and Pistachio (my fave macaron flavour).  Although they weren't completely fresh, they were still very tasty.

If you happen to be in the Midtown area, do visit this gem of a cafe for lunch!  Their offerings will satisfy your taste buds - both savoury & sweet!





Thobors Boulangerie Patisserie Café on Urbanspoon
Thobors Boulangerie Patisserie Café on Foodio54

No comments:

Post a Comment