Wednesday, February 08, 2017

REVIEW | The Good Son

The Good Son has always been on our list of places to visit for one of three reasons:

1. We love the Queen West neighbourhood;
2. We've watched Chef Vittorio Colacitti's journey on Top chef Canada; and
3. We heard the food was amazing!


We absolutely the openness of the kitchen while you're dining which adds to that "feel at home" atmosphere. We would recommend getting plates to share so you can have more variety than ordering your own dish.

Jerk shrimp with green mango, palm sugar and crisp potato

These left a very good impression and all the times I've gone back to Good Son I've ordered the jerk shrimp. I don't think I've ever had anything like this before, the fusion of flavours and cuisines - and not to mention all those colours make for good food photography! 

Rib eye steak with heirloom squash, grilled scallions and piquillo puree 

You can just tell from the picture that the rib eye steak was cooked to perfection, the juice glazing the steak...and medium rare just the way I like it! 

Organic salmon with little neck clams, pomme puree, pearl onions and rainbow chard

I've never been a fan of salmon skin until I had it at The Good Son where they made it crispy and added a level of texture that salmon doesn't normally have. 


Everything I've had that night was delicious and because there are so many restaurants in Toronto, I try not to go back to the same one so that I can try new places. The Good Son was an exception though and I've gone back since then to try some of their other dishes.


The Good Son Restaurant Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Our meal was complimentary but opinions are our own -

No comments:

Post a Comment