Sunday, April 26, 2015

REVIEW | Trattoria Nervosa

Italian is probably my favourite cuisine as I simply cannot live without pasta - well, it's a close race between Italian and Korean. One of my go-to spots in Toronto for Italian is Trattoria Nervosa, tucked away in Yorkville. It's one of those places that I revisit often and order the same dishes so I assumed I wrote a blog post about it previously but I was wrong! I will share my favourite dishes at Nervosa - the ones that I always order - in this post.


Each time I dine there, the food is consistently delicious and I like the welcoming & lively atmosphere (although it tends to get too crowded there sometimes). Did I mention their service is also great? The staff is friendly and attentive and I never had a complaint.

As for timing, I've been for both lunch and dinner on weeknights and weekends and it's busy most of the time. I find that the awkward times like just before the dinner peak at 5:30 - 6PM and just after the lunch rush at 2 - 4PM is the best time to ensure you'll get seats.

Contadina Pizza ($17.49) - pictured above
Tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella, capicollo, sopressata berkshire sausage, San Daniele prosciutto & basil
This pizza is good but it was my first time trying it just for the sake of trying something other than the Margherita & the Prosciutto e Rucola.

Mafalde ai Funghi ($18.49) - pictured above
Portobello, oyster mushrooms, porcini mushrooms, crimini mushrooms, parmigiano, truffle paste &  light cream sauce
I am a mushroom lover so this pasta is everything to me! The rich truffle pasta in the light cream sauce with the different mushrooms is perfecto.

Risotto Nervosa ($25.49)
Barolo braised beef short rib with local field and porcini mushrooms & fig balsamic reduction
It's a great entree for dinner with tender beef short rib and risotto with truffle oil - it's love!

 Spaghetti alla Chitarra con Vongole e Gamberi ($17.99)
Tiger shrimp, clams, white wine, garlic, cherry tomatoes & arugula in tomato sauce & Nervosa olive oil
Ah, yes the seafood spaghetti, how can I resist? There's an abundance of clams and shrimp with just the right amount of garlic. This is a great choice for those that stay away from creamy pastas.

Prosciutto e Rucola ($17.99)
Tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella, San Daniele prosciutto arugula & shaved parmigiano
I either get this pizza above or the Margherita!

The past weekend I was so happy to see that they've opened their patio!  Nervosa has two patios - the ones by the front entrance and on the second floor - both are perfect for the upcoming summer months. Sangrias and a Margherita Pizza anyone? 

Trattoria Nervosa on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment