Tuesday, April 15, 2014

REVIEW | Seoul Restaurant - just another mediocre 'cheap eats' restaurant in Koreatown

Seoul Restaurant is another one of those Korean-family owned casual restaurant in Korea Town.  They specialize in hot pot cooked dishes with seafood, dumplings and also in Korean street food 'boon-shik.'  However, don't expect top-notch service and memorably delicious food as this joint is more for a quick & affordable meal.



I've been to this place a few times, ordering different things from the menu each visit.  Their menu is pretty straight forward, offering lots of hot pot options and other typical Korean dishes like kimchi fried rice, kimbap, ramyun, pork pone soup, etc.  Whenever I went, I ordered different hot pot options as I love table cooking and for around $16-$20 (split between 2-3 people), it's super cheap.

The portions are generous here and the server is quick and helpful, but that's it. You do have to know that with these Korean restaurants, you can't except amazing service, where servers dote on you and make daily special recommendations.

What I like about the place is that it offers something quick, filling, and cheap to take care of that grumbling stomach.  What I don't like is that I get so thirsty after my meals here - must be the MSG or the amount of sodium they use.  None the less, it's worth a try!

Kimbap - Korean hand rolls with radish, carrots, spinach, egg and rice.  I love kimbaps but this one was mediocre... nothing special.

Ddukbokki Jungol (Spicy Rice Cake Hot Pot) - noodles, fishcakes, rice cakes & veggies in a sweet/spicy soup. This was yummy but near the end of the meal, the noodles absorbed all the soup and it became grossly thick.


 

Seoul Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment