Thursday, June 13, 2013

REVIEW | Ruelo Patisserie - deliciously perfect French macarons in midtown

Just a short walk North of Yonge & Eglinton, this the second location of this popular French Patisserie, Ruelo.  They offer fresh bread (baked daily), sandwiches, French macarons, pastries and cakes that will satisfy any one who stops by this lovely Cafe.


Their Macarons are one of the best I've had in Toronto with very unique flavours such as Green Tea Seseme and Wasabi Grapefruit!  They definitely taste ultra fresh.  I especially loved that they're not too big and not to small - the perfect size.  If you're a Macaron lover, you must visit this place.  Especially with the La Bamboche (yonge/eg location) closed, this will definitely be my new to-go place for a Macaron-fix.




They have daily specials for breakfast & lunch that you don't want to miss out on.  Next time I drop by, I really want to try their Smoked Salmon Sandwich & Egg Salad.  we're big fans of sandwiches, but sandwiches made on Croissants are to die for!


The cafe is open concept with glass displays of their fresh Macaron and mini cakes.  They also offer espresso drinks, tea, and other beverages.  There are a few tables and chairs that you can enjoy your meal on.  The best part is that there's a huge window for natural sunlight - perfect for a hot sunny day!


The tea display was gorgeous - I've never seen this brand of tea before but they look perfect for a gift!




I got a half a dozen packaged for a birthday gift for my friend, but I couldn't resist getting a couple for myself!  I got the Ruelo & Green Tea Seseme.  Both flavours that I haven't tried before.

The Ruelo contains milk chocolate ganache with a crispy praline center.  So yummy! I can see why this is their signagure flavour.  The Green Tea Seseme contains green tea ganache and a crispy black sesame praline center.  Very delicious as well.

Check out all their macaron flavours in detail HERE.  Let us know which flavour was your favourite in the comments below!




Ruelo Patisserie on Urbanspoon
Ruelo Patisserie on Foodio54

No comments:

Post a Comment