Thursday, February 14, 2013

Winterlicious 2013: Jump - an overall great dining experience

Being an O&B fan, I decided to try one of their restaurant that I haven't been to before, called Jump for another Winterlicious dinner.

Monica at Jump Restaurant with her dessert

Jump is a sleek and modern American bistro style restaurant located in the heart of downtown Toronto, in the business district.  They have a both eclectic and classic interior with sky high glass atrium and beautiful wood in the entire interior.


Before going, we looked at reviews and there were some raves about Jump's Peekytoe Crab Cake.  My friend went with this and I wish I had too, because it was simply DELICIOUS. The outside was perfectly crispy and the inside was soft and melted in my mouth. The dill pickle tartar sauce was the perfect sauce.


I went for the Oyster Mushroom Salad, which was refreshing and great as an appetizer. There were plenty of oyster mushrooms, fresh arugula leaves and parmesan bread crumbs.  The dressing was very flavourful - a great match for the oyster mushrooms.


As for my main entree, I went for the Slow Roast Pork Shoulder.  The smoked bacon and onion jam was impressive as it went really well with the tender pork and roasted potatoes.  I usually don't go for Pork dishes at restaurants but this one is definitely a winner!


For dessert, I ordered their popular Classic Carrot Cake.  I heard great things about it but it was a bit too heavy for me.  I only took a few bites. It was yummy, nonetheless - I wish I had more space in my stomach!


My friend's Milk Chocolate Panna Cotta was the lighter dessert choice.  It was the perfect end to her dinner, especially with the paired ice wine.

At $35 for the 3-course meal with great entree choices, there was no question why it was so busy there that night.  With a reasonable price point and delicious food, who wouldn't want to go?

We also opted for the Wine Pairing option at an additional $20.  Our server was so knowledgeable about our wine pairing and each glass complemented the paired dish wonderfully.




Jump on Urbanspoon
Jump Restaurant on Foodio54

No comments:

Post a Comment