Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Bier Markt Queensway - finally, a location in the west end

Went to try out the new Bier Markt that opened on Queensway (Etobicoke).  I've been to the location downtown on the Esplanade and always had a good experience there.  Their delicious food, abundance of beers and the overall lively atmosphere makes it a popular hot spot in Toronto.


When it opened a few months back, we went without reservations and what a mistake that was! We were told we had to wait at least 2 hours so we went somewhere else.  We were sure to make reservations this time, but it didn't really look like we needed it - it wasn't busy at all this time around.


Their interior has dim lighting, which is great.  I love their red accents and dark furniture.  They also had their stage to the left of the photo (can't really see it).  This location does encompass the casual but classy atmosphere of the brand.


I started with Fruli - strawberry beer from belgium. YUM!
Because it was dim in there - I didn't want to use flash on my photos - sorry if you can't really see!


The Roasted Beet Salad with strip-loin has red & gold roasted beets, mache lettuce, roasted almonds, crumbled goat cheese, crimson grapes, honey ale and mustard vinaigrette.  I was never a fan of beets but this salad totally changed my mind on them - I love them!  The different flavours and textures was extremely tasty and I would definitely go back for this.  With the salads, you're able to choose from striploin, salmon or chicken fyi.


The Atlantic Salmon was a good sized grilled fillet sitting on top of bok choy, wilted spinach, grape tomato pistou and crispy quinoa cakes.  It was really a great combination of ingredients and the salmon melted in your mouth.  One of the best I've tasted.

I really want to go back to try the other dishes... Perhaps their Flammekeuches (flatbread) and Oyster Towers next time!





Bier Markt on Urbanspoon
Bier Markt on Foodio54

No comments:

Post a Comment